We offer a wide variety of programs, with subjects ranging from fossils and geology to DNA and particles in the subatomic world. We offer two types of programs: Gallery Activities and School Workshops. Detailed information is available by selecting from the categories below, or you can download a school programs brochure. Bookings must be made at least three weeks in advance.
These programs use select exhibits to investigate a particular topic. Choose a program from the list below for a description, grade level and science standards information.
- Dinosaur Discovery (grades 2-8, high school)
- Walking with Dinosaurs (grades 5-8, high school)
- Kansas Seas (grades 2-7)
These programs are hands-on workshops with activities that take place in the museum's education classroom. Choose a program from the list below for a description, grade level and science standards information.
- Fossil Fun (grades 1-4)
- Rock Clocks (grades 4-8, high school)
- Hands-on Geology (grades 2-8)
- Hands-on Mammals (grades 2-7)
- DNA Discovery (grades 2-8, high school)
- Travel Guide to Space (grades 4-8)
- Matter Matters (grades 2-7)
- Cartoon Guide to Energy (grades 4-8, high school)
- How Small is Small? (grades 2-6)
- Quarks: Ups, Downs and the Universe (grades 4-8, high school)